Our family’s banana-nut chip bread recipe!🍌🍞 We used a Lodge fluted cake pan, seasoned with our Crisbee Cream Iron, of course. 👍
Warning: it tastes TOO good!
Q: How many bananas in a cup?
A: About 2 medium-sized bananas.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, mash together bananas, sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the mashed banana mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a Lodge cast iron fluted cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Q: How long is banana bread good for?
A: Generally, a couple of days when left on the counter and about a week when fresh banana bread is kept in the fridge.
You might also like our recipe for cast iron banana nut muffins.