These banana nut muffins make a great breakfast or anytime snack. Top these with a nice slathering of butter for a real treat!
Note: substitute muffin pan for loaf pan and you've got yourself a delicious banana bread.
- 1 1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. oats
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional - but delicious)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cast iron muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir into banana mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
These banana nut muffins are delicious served warm with butter. And they really shine in cast iron! The even heat provided by the cast iron give the muffins a consistent crust.
Plus, there's a little bit less waste that route since you don't have to use muffin liners.
These are also known as banana bread muffins. They've been a weekend favorite with our family for years.
Try them and let us know what you think!