Mexican Lasagna (Layered Enchilada Bake)
Craving enchiladas but short on time? Here's the answer. All the goodness of rolled enchiladas layered as a baked casserole.
• 1/4 c. finely chopped onions
• 1 tsp. minced garlic
• 1 lb. ground beef
• 1-2 T. taco seasoning
• 1-10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
• 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
• 1½ c. cooked brown rice
• 1 c. canned black beans, drained
• 1 tsp. fresh cilantro
• 1 pkg. corn tortillas (about 18)
• 1 T. canned green chiles
1. Brown ground beef with onion and garlic until done, drain.
2. Return to heat and add taco seasoning, 1/3 c. enchilada sauce and 1/4 c. cheese to meat and heat through.
3. Add cooked rice, beans and cilantro to meat mixture and mix well.
4. While beef is browning, prepare the casserole dish by layering 6 tortilla shells on the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish, overlapping shells to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
5. Spoon 1/3 of meat mixture over shells, sprinkle some of the cheese (about 1/4 c.) and drizzle a thin layer of enchilada sauce over the mixture. Repeat two more times with another layer of shells, meat, cheese and enchilada sauce (using the remaining cheese and sauce on the final layer.)
6. Sprinkle green chiles on top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Serve with a green salad and chips with salsa.