These hush puppies (or fritters) are quick, easy and a naturally gluten free recipe.
- 1 c. stone ground cornmeal
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 fresh red or green jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lg. egg
- 1/2 c. Half-n-Half
- Mix all ingredients to make your hush puppy batter.
- Drop by spoonful's into deep fryer or hot oil (a cookie scoop works great.)
- Cook 3-4 minutes, flipping half way. (This short fry time makes for a fluffy, and in our opinion a perfect, hush puppy.)
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
Makes 12 large fritters.