Traditional coffee cake meets cinnamon roll. This quick and easy cake is the perfect breakfast treat or late night snack. Made in a Lodge cast iron loaf pan.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I cut the sugar to ¾ cup since the topping and glaze are so sweet - but that's just me!)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- ¼ chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2½ T milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix cake ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan or cast iron Bundt pan. (I used two pans: a Lodge 8" cast iron loaf pan and an 8" cast iron skillet.)
- For the topping, mix ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Spread evenly on the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Be sure to swirl down into the batter for the cinnamon roll effect.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from cakescottage.com
Note: as mentioned in our banana muffins recipe, you can swap the loaf pan for a muffin pan and make cinnamon roll muffins using this same recipe.
Let us know what you think!