How to Season Cast Iron with Crisbee
How do you properly season cast iron?
Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning brings you a two-part instructional guide to help you with seasoning your cast iron skillets, dutch ovens, and other cast iron cookware. Part One goes over initial seasoning of cast iron, Part Two goes over how to maintain your super slick cast iron seasoning. Enjoy!
For Initial Seasoning Of Cast Iron
1. Preheat cast iron piece to be seasoned in a 200 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes.
2. Lightly apply Crisbee to the cast iron using the Crisbee Puck. Use a lint free cloth to spread evenly over all iron.
3. Once you have it coated take a shop towel or paper towel and try to wipe off all of the Crisbee until the pan appears completely dry. *This is an important step to prevent any Crisbee from puddling and turning into a sticky mess.
4. Place cast iron upside down in oven.
5. Heat in oven at 400 degrees (F) for one hour.
6. Turn oven off and let the pan cool slowly.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 a total of 3 times and your cast iron is ready for use!
8. Please watch the Crisbee Puck Demo below.
For Daily Maintenance Of Cast Iron
1. After use, wash cast iron and dry thoroughly.
2. Place cast iron on stove top over medium low heat for just a few minutes.
3. Remove from burner and lightly apply Crisbee on cooking surface only.
4. Wipe off with a paper towel and it is ready for storage.
5. Please watch the Crisbee Puck Demo below.